Soccer: Watch Fiorentina vs Liverpool - UEFA Champions League Match Live TV Stream on September 29th


FootballUEFA Champions League

Fiorentina
vs
Liverpool

Date: September 29th
Time: 18:45 (GMT)

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has reaffirmed that star striker Fernando Torres is not for sale. The Reds boss also revealed that he received several big-money offers for Torres from other Premier League clubs over the summer.

"How much is he worth? Well at least £70 million, you would say," Benitez said, according to the AFP news agency.

"I'm not saying he's the best in the world because he is young and can get better, but of course he is one of the best, and he can still improve if he wants to.

"This year we had some agents acting for other English clubs who were coming to us asking about the price of Torres – with big, big figures – but we said that he's not for sale.

"I would say at this moment in time he is not for sale at any price."

Meanwhile, Liverpool travel to Italy to face Fiorentina in the Champions League in midweek, and Benitez is looking forward to visiting a club for which he retains some feeling after spending three days there studying training methods in the 1990s.

"Gabriel Batistuta was there at the time. I was watching a training session and he was joking with the fitness coach. It was a good time and they trained very well," he told the Reds' official website.

"I remember we had to cross the road to get to the facilities at the training ground. It was a special situation because the fans were around.

"I was only there three days but they were training so well and I was impressed.

"I see how they are getting on in the Italian league and I have some friends at the coaching school in Florence. I have been there three or four times.

"I like the city and I like the people. For everyone in the city it will be amazing to see two of the best teams in Europe."

Source: Zack Wilson, Goal.com UK

Let's watch who will be the winner...